Home appliances have made our lives so much easier by providing us comfort and convenience in our day to day activities. A day without these, become quite annoying and troublesome. But these manmade machines can break down or stop functioning if not taken care of properly. Good care and right use of these appliances can help give them a longer running life.
Mixer Grinder probably is one of the most commonly found home appliances in an Indian kitchen or in any kitchen for that matter. They are used for grinding masalas, to make juice and various kinds of pastes as well. The several ingredients that are grinded always end up leaving remains underneath the blades. Added to this, stains make the mixer grinder look all the more dirty. Hence proper cleaning and maintenance is needed for its longevity and to get healthy and hygienic food.
Here are few care & maintenance tips to ensure an extended life for them:
Lemon peels are very effective to clean utensils, especially if you want to remove the smell off from it. So the next time you use your mixer to grind say, a ginger garlic paste, simply take some lemon peel and rub it on the inside of the utensil, let it rest for about 15 minutes and then wash it off. The pungent smell will be gone for good.
Similarly, a mixture of baking powder and vinegar or plain water can be made use of. All you have to do is rub the mixture and leave it on for about 15 minutes before washing it off. It will not only help you get rid of smell but also help remove any stain leftover from the spices, fruits or vegetables.
- Make sure the power button and also the main power supply button are turned off when you are loading ingredients into the mixer.
- Ensure the lid is tightly closed before starting the appliance.
- For safety and stability, place the appliance on a flat platform.
- Do not leave the appliance unattended when it’s in use.
- Do not add ingredients that are too hot to the jars, as it may damage the blades and the jar walls.
- Fill the Jar only ¾th of its capacity to avoid spilling.
- Do not allow children to handle the mixer. For easy operation, keep the machine away from direct heat and sunlight, at a suitable height on a flat surface.